Week XVII: "Final" Blog Post

It seems inevitable that as one learns about social media, social media learns about one too.

Overall, my use of social media has changed by virtue of platform and style. Taking the time to explore other platforms than the usual has emphasized the importance of cross-platform consistency. Using LinkedIn, MailChimp, and Twitter is arguably no longer an option. The impact on any business is undeniably positive. Similarly, my creative writing has changed a great deal, having become more flexible, less lengthy, and overall (hopefully) more user-friendly.

Personally, through the consistent application of concepts in this class, I have gone from being reluctant to make a personal Facebook post to running three different online businesses at once. The results are overwhelming: thousands more page likes, hundreds more dollars in weekly sales, and most importantly a steady feeling of fulfillment.

This has only supplemented my view of social media. I always knew it had the capacity to make or break a business, but it was only once I implemented action that I realized that potential. Not to mention, this course was a great creative aid as external material to incorporate into other business classes.

In some areas, my understanding of the successful use of social media has clearly improved. In others, it is evident that it has not. This is mostly due to a reluctance and feeling of overwhelm on my part, especially in using Twitter and committing to blog writing. That being said, there is still time to learn how to ride the waves of trends on Twitter as well as to create engaging blog posts that last a business's lifetime.

Otherwise, the exposure to new social media accounts was a huge help in learning the concepts from this course. As my Google searches began to shift towards information about successful social accounts, so did my suggestions on personal accounts. This exposed me to a wealth of professional pages I didn't know about. Emulating them was a huge help and supplement to the theories of Dave Kerpen.

All in all, I couldn't have had more fun learning, sowing, and reaping the benefits of concepts from this course. That being said, there's still more work to do, so it's back to the keyboard again for now!

Comments